It is very cool that this exists. Just knowing it does makes me happy.
TRAPPIST-1 Orbital Transfer Timetables
A downloadable timetable
Have you ever...
- Missed your orbital transfer window?
- Burned prograde when you should've burned retrograde?
- Blown threw your delta-V budget and been left stranded on a hyperbolic trajectory in the merciless void?
If so, we've got you covered!
Included in this INCREDIBLE DEAL are orbital transfer window timetable PDFs for all seven (7) planets in the TRAPPIST-1 star system. A REAL BARGAIN!!!
Not sure how to use our timetables? Follow these simple four (4) steps:
- Choose your destination.
- Check the required delta-V (fuel) for the transfer on your timetable.
- Check the current synodic time.
- Read the timetable and find the next available transfer time.
What is a transfer window?
We're glad you asked! An INTERPLANETARY ORBITAL TRANSFER WINDOW is the time during which you can start to travel from one planet to another. Planets are always moving and if you point your rocket straight at your destination, you'll miss because the destination will move before you get there (a common rookie mistake)! The destination must be aligned at a precise angle at ejection time so that it will move to exactly where your rocket is at insertion time. This angle doesn't occur often--when it does, that's the transfer window.
Our transfer window timetables have been calculated using ACTUAL ORBITAL MECHANICS EQUATIONS and REAL-WORLD DATA. That's right: You can ACTUALLY use these timetables to navigate the TRAPPIST-1 star system IN REAL LIFE.
What is the TRAPPIST-1 star system?
TRAPPIST-1 has not one, not two, but SEVEN (7) Earth-like planets. Incredible!!
Currently, JADE, the most Earth-like planet, has more people on it than any other planet in the TRAPPIST-1 System. TURQUOISE, an ocean world, has many underwater cities and great seafood. LILAC is TRAPPIST-1's industrial powerhouse. SLATE is an icy wasteland where no one except gay communist pirates live. RUBY and TANGERINE mostly have lava. The less said about AMBER, the better.
Oxygen, fuel, minerals, water, predatory fungus--The TRAPPIST-1 system has it all!
What's included in the PDFs?
- A full-color advertisement from the planet of origin.
- Instructions for how to read the timetable that EVEN AMATEUR SPACEFARERS can understand.
- Hohmann transfer windows for one (1) full 36-day synodic period for EVERY planet in the TRAPPIST-1 System.
- A FULL PAGE OF CITATIONS! Yes, you read that correctly!!
Can you use these timetables if you live on Earth?
YES. ABSOLUTELY. 100% FOR SURE. Because all of the TRAPPIST-1 planets are locked in orbital resonance patterns, their positions "reset" every 36 days. You could travel to the TRAPPIST-1 system in 36 days or 36 thousand years AND OUR TIMETABLES WOULD STILL BE ACCURATE. Even if you depart for TRAPPIST-1 on a generation ship and die of old age or space disaster and your great-great-great descendants at last arrive at TRAPPIST-1 not knowing if the end of their journey is real or myth, WE CAN STILL GUARANTEE CUSTOMER SATISFACTION OR YOUR MONEY BACK.
So what are you waiting for?
Download now and begin your cosmic voyage!
In order to download this timetable you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $5 USD. You will get access to the following files: