cant wait to see casey one day
A downloadable tool for Windows, macOS, and Linux
Cacophony is a minimalist and ergonomic MIDI sequencer. It's minimalist in that it doesn't have a lot of functionality MIDI sequencers have. It's ergonomic in that there is no mouse input and a very clean interface, allowing you to juggle less inputs and avoid awkward mouse motions.
Cacophony is open source. You can buy it here on itch, or you can compile it for free.
FOR MORE INFORMATION ABOUT HOW TO INSTALL AND USE CACOPHONY, PLEASE REFER TO THE PROJECT'S HOMEPAGE.
OR, JOIN THE DISCORD SERVER AND ASK ME A QUESTION.
- MIDI sequencer with support for SoundFonts.
- Doesn't try to emulate a real-life studio. If you're an amateur and just want to make music without needing to learn pro software, Cacophony might be for you.
- Qwerty and MIDI input only. There is no mouse input.
- An attractive, customizable ASCII interface.
- Accessible. The entire interface can be read by a text-to-speech engine.
- Export to wav, mp3, ogg, flac, or mid. Optionally, export each track separately.
- Open source.
- Nothing else. Cacophony does what it does, and it doesn't try to do anything else.
Cacophony's mascot is Casey the Transgender Cacodemon. No official artwork of Casey exists because I don't want to be cursed.
In order to download this tool you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $9.99 USD. You will get access to the following files: